3.05.2014

Sleek Slouch Cap Crochet Pattern

One of the latest crochet patterns I've published on Yahoo, this one is epically cool. It's worked from the top down in the round without a single seam or join. You can go for a neat and tidy slouch or a long and deeply dramatic one using a simple note .... but I can't tell you what it is! You have to go check the pattern out for yourself.

Seriously, it's sleeeek for a slouch cap. It's everything you want a slouch cap to be and you don't have to spend serious bucks to get it.

Some cool variations I've thought of after making about a dozen of these in black (teenagers, man) would be to work stripes into the pattern or use a variegated yarn for an ombre sort of look. I'm also dying to try making a dramatically deep one with little bear ears coming off of it.

Share your creations :) I'd love to see what you come up with! Comment with a link if you like. Here's my lovely daughter being a great model for me with my 2nd hat.

This is a very 'tidy' version of the slouch cap, with a couple rounds omitted to keep the cap the way she liked it.

There is lots of positive ease on the finished garment so it can be tugged, jerked, pulled and generally twerked into exactly the slouchy shape you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, comments, and suggestions are welcome! Please do not post spam - it will be removed.