1.27.2014

Microwave Mochi Recipe

The first time I tasted Mochi, I thought my taste buds were going to spasm in little bits of confusion. Flavor that was both subtle an sweet filled my senses and the dry but moist texture of the mochi balls my daughter had created was amazing.

The most simple, undecorated mochi still come off beautiful and sophisticated.


I've since learned that the variety of Mochi is immense. And with the variety, its end use is also immense. The recipe shared here creates a dessert style mochi that is intended to be cut into square shapes. Using the microwave makes the cooking painless and practically failproof. If my DIY self could get any happier, it would be flexibility - and this recipe has it! You can easily improvise an substitute ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, comments, and suggestions are welcome! Please do not post spam - it will be removed.